Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AN AUTHOR AT HOME: ROBERT J. RAY


Where do you work best at home?
have a basement office

books, computer, workout mat, ankle weights

coffee stains, ballpoints, paper

messy desk



What time of day would we find you there?

work starts around 5 AM

stops around 7 AM

remember working 5 hours a day

a long time ago



What is your favorite comfort food while you work at home?

five AM snack is apple slices, almonds, coffee




How does home feed into your work?

pajamas

toilet

workout mat

exercise stuff

classical music

no noise

unless the cat wants water


Robert J. Ray's Bio:


schooled in texas

high school

college

grad school

taught literature and writing in

Texas

Kentucky

Wisconsin

California

Seattle

met wife Margot in California

in an encounter group

with our shoes off

fell in love and got

saved


wrote six novels before

getting one published

a tennis tale called

the heart of the game

followed by Cage of Mirrors

a thriller

followed by five books starring

PI Matt Murdock

which inspired me to combine

grad school with fiction writing

and write

three weekend novelist books



current project is a thriller

with three love stories

and the ritual slayings of bad guys

seeking, as always, the fragile

rebalancing of

Good Vs. Evil


Visit The Weekend Novelist website.


Two more recent AT HOME profiles:

Donald Saaf



Janet Burroway

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Mariajose. This morning I went to the Library and I found a paper with all the library's activities. And I read about you !!! I will go to the Storytelling for families. I was reading your Writer's guide in your website and I think is amazing !!! I love to write. When I lived in my country I used to write in Spanish but now I am living here in United States and I would like to start to do it in English. It's a hard process because I think "feelings" doesn't have language, and sometimes I don't have enough words to describe them.

    I love children books and Illustration. I have my own character and I want to write about her. Her name is Mariapalito , My website is www.mariapalitousa.com , It could be an honor to have your visit .

    I will try to read your books !! Congratulations

    mariajose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria Jose,

    I love your website! It's so colorful and fun. And I love your greeting cards.

    You are so right that feelings don't have a language. That's beautifully put. Please make sure to say hello to me next week at the A(gusta)Baker's Dozen. And keep writing!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete