Thursday, September 27, 2007

MORE DETOURS



I'm packing again. Tomorrow I leave for Atlanta to attend SIBA(Southern Independent Booksellers Association) and for a signing at Little Shop of Stories in Decatur, Georgia. But before I leave, I want to share two more detours I made on my way back from Oklahoma.

This water tower has always amused me. A lot of towns have water towers that kids climb and cover with graffiti. But I'll bet people in Groom, Texas tip-toe around this one and try not to sneeze. To my understanding there is no Britten, Texas. Someone told me the tower was located where a former truck stop once stood.

The other picture was taken from a Panhandle rest stop off I-40. Some people might not think of the Texas Panhandle as beautiful. But I beg to differ. The proof is in that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment