Tuesday, October 30, 2007

TIME SURE PASSES FAST



when I'm having fun. It's hard to believe that I've been visiting schools for almost ten years. I still enjoy it. That's because every visit is a little different and because I always walk away learning something, too.

Yesterday I visited Briarhill Middle School in Highland Village and Delay Middle School in Lewisville. Thank you Bonnie Adams and Deborah Lilly. Your students and teachers made me feel welcome.

Today I spent a spectacular day at Forestridge Elementary in the Richardson ISD. I talked with the sharp fourth and fifth graders and got to shake the hand of every first grader on their way out the door. One little boy wiped his hand on his pants before shaking mine. Adorable! Thank you Alicia Mills for rolling out the red carpet!

Sometimes the things I learn at school visits are not always writing related. When Bonnie graciously gave me a gift bag, I slipped my hand inside and learned that I could detect a Godiva Chocolate box by touch.

The Zachary Beaver clay figure at the top was made by a student at Forestridge. She even put the bandage on his foot. The artist said that he was fatter until she baked him in the oven. After all the chocolate I've been given this week, I'm going to need to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment