Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FOUR WORDS


A couple of weeks ago, I invited you to write from the words offered by librarians from the schools I visited in the Dallas area. There were six words and you were asked to use at least four and write for only ten minutes.

Thank you, Martha F. Moore, for joining in the fun. I love that she included her thought process before she focused on a poem. If anyone would like to participate, go to the FIVE SENSES AND SIX WORDS link in the archives. I'd love to read what you come up with.



Spin Mariner Frappucino Howl Money Serendipity



What if the words were in alphabetical order? Frappucino, howl, mariner, money, serendipity, spin? Take 4 she says. Which four? I could howl, no money for frappucino, but no. Where is the brain going? I like serendipity. If I mention the Serendipity Singers does that age me? ah – maybe . . . but that’s ok.



Serendipity Singers.

In my penniless youth

I’d spin to their songs

Around the living room

Into the couch

Howl with pain as I stubbed my toe.

Now aged with more money

Is there more balance?

NO! I still swirl round the room,

Still whirl swirl spin

Still stubbing toes.

---Martha F. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment