Monday, July 21, 2008

AUTHOR AUTHOR!



I've just returned from the Author Author! event in Shreveport, Louisiana. It was a first year event put on by dedicated volunteers. I enjoyed meeting all the nice people that attended. It was held at the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium on Elvis Presley Avenue. The Louisiana Hayride used to broadcast from there and they say the building is haunted by the ghosts of some of the performers. Which explains why I thought I saw a glimpse of Elvis and Hank Williams.

My mom went with me and, as usual, I put her to work. Thanks Mom! It was nice to see my good friend, Pulpwood Queen Kathy Patrick, Jacques Couvillon, Margaret McManis, Judy Pace Christie, and more.

I had the great privilege of being assigned to host Debby Macy. Debby is a librarian at Herndon School in Caddo Parish. She made sure I had the technology for my presentation. And talk about going beyond the call of duty--Debby made drapes for the windows so the audience could see my presentation without the glare of light interfering. That's us standing in front of them in the picture above.

The other picture, from left to right: Tracy Carnes, Brenda Willis(my mom), Kathy Patrick and me.

All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment