Tuesday, June 16, 2009

AN ANIVERSARY

Fifteen years ago this week, I started writing. I didn't own a computer, but I had plenty of paper and pens. I sat down at a table on the screen porch and began to put words on a page. When people ask me when did you start writing, I tell them, "June 15, 1994." They want to know how I remember the exact date. I explain that I made a commitment that day. When you really commit to something with your heart and soul, you remember.

It's fifteen years later and guess where I'm heading this morning?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Fifteen years wow !. I hope to be as brave as you. Enjoy your day

    Have a good day
    Mariajose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! So glad you made that commitment and gave us your wonderful books :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's truly AWESOME, Kimberly! Congratulations! Wow, wish I had wrote down the date when I started; I only remember it was late summer, 2005, but I guess that's better than nothing . . . :)

    What you've accomplished in 15 years is truly inspiring . . .

    Oh yes, THANKS SO MUCH for visitng my little blog; it really made my day!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. This fall will make 8 for me. Sure hope I have half your success the next 7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to each of you! So many people want to write a book. So many people never write the first word. Anytime you sit to put words on a page, you are continuing the journey. That is success.

    Cystal, I enjoyed your blog and I'll be back! Thanks for your regular stops at the nest.

    ReplyDelete