Thursday, December 4, 2008

HOLIDAY READING


I'd seen umpteen movie versions based on the story, including the musical Scrooge. But I'd never read A Christmas Carol. Lucky for me, the San Antonio Airport has a bookstore. Last week, before boarding my plane, I bought a copy. For a Dicken's novel, it's very short, around a hundred pages. If you were like me, and had never been aquainted with the original, why not pick it up this month? It would be a wonderful read aloud. (Even if no one else is in the room.)


And here are a few more holiday choices to consider:



If you want to know more about the process of writing Santa Knows and Merry Christmas Merry Crow check out the interviews with Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith and Kathi Appelt.


Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith Interview


Kathi Appelt Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment