Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WAITING FOR GREGORY: A STUDY IN MOTHERHOOD


The Korean edition of Waiting for Gregory arrived a couple of weeks ago. I was delighted to discover Gabi Swiatkowska's illustration of Iris on the cover. I've always loved that illustration because it was the first one my editor sent me. I stared at Iris for months before I saw any of the other pictures.

In the American version that illustration is on the copyright page. Another change the Korean publisher made was to add in some fine art illustrations of mothers in the back of the book. I never thought that I would have my name on a book with a Mary Cassett painting!
But I have to say Gabi Swiatkowska's art belongs on a museum wall. At least I can brag that I have a Swiatkowska of my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment