Monday, September 15, 2008

AROUND THE BLOCK MONDAY: FENCES


A few weeks ago I posted about our worn out fence. Since then, I've been like an expectant mom who suddenly notices pregnant women are taking over the world. I can't stop noticing our neighbors' fences.

I accuse my husband of over-using the word eclectic, but there is no way around it. The fences around the block represent the eclectic flavor of our neighborhood. Some of the fences make me smile because of their whimsy. My favorite is the fence that incorporates a birdhouse.






Some serve great purpose. I'm fond of goats, but only while peering at them through a fence. (I had a bad incident with goats at a petting zoo years ago.) Other fences are elegant. Okay, maybe one is elegant. Still the fences in my neighborhood remind me of jambalaya--a little of this and that and the mix turns out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment