Friday, January 18, 2008

WEBSITE ADDITIONS



When I asked Danielle to revamp my website two years ago, I had a few goals in mind. I wanted the site to be fun and interesting for kids, but also helpful to teachers and writers. Danielle helped me achieve that, but so have a few other people.

Nine years ago, when I met Cynthia Leitich Smith, she said "You need to have teachers guides to your books."

"I wouldn't know how to begin to write them," I told her.

"Ask a teacher," she said. The answer was so simple.

Most of my novels have teachers guides thanks to Patti Roberts and Betty Carter. And now you can find teachers guides for my picture books, Waiting for Gregory and Skinny Brown Dog. The guides were written by retired special ed teacher, Brenda Willis. Brenda taught students in grades K-8 at Pretty Water School in Pretty Water, Oklahoma. She also happens to be my mom. Thanks Mom!

To read or download one of the guides, simply go to the chosen book's page and scroll down to find the Teachers Guide button.


If you're a teacher of young children in the Texas Panhandle, I hope you've enrolled at Panhandle Association for the Education of Young Children Winter Conference. The conference is this Saturday, January 19 at the Amarillo College Business and Industry Center. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment