Wednesday, January 16, 2008

HOLIDAY THAW


I should have known when I discovered a Christmas wreath hanging on my daughter's bedroom door and the Noel sign tucked in the corner of the bookshelf that I had not let go of that holiday state of mind. I should have suspected something was amiss when I ordered a cupcake with my coffee the other day and caught myself humming a carol in the car. That explains how the ALA awards announcement happened without me being aware.

This is the first year since I've been published that I didn't remember.
In past years, the announcement date has been quite an affair. My ritual was to check the posted list on line and head to my local bookstore. It's always a bonus to have read a few of the winners before the announcement. It makes me feel like I'm on the cheerleading squad. This year I feel like Rip Van Winkle.

So excuses aside, all traces of the holiday season are packed away and I'm heading toward the bookstore.
If you were like me(though I doubt it) and missed the announcement, you can find out the scoop by following this link:

www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists/


Congratulations to each of the winners--medals and honors and notables. Enjoy your year. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment