Monday, December 10, 2007

REREADING BOOKS



When I was about ten or eleven, I discovered Little Women at the library. I reread it so many times that my dad said, "You know, there are other books."

But back then that was the only book I wanted to read. After my dad's comment, imagine my surprise, a few years later, to find a copy of this beloved story waiting for me under the Christmas tree.

When I visit schools, I ask kids if they ever reread books. Many tell me they do. I believe we find comfort in returning to a favorite. We know what to expect and the story gives us what we need at that time. Often we find the unexpected too--something on the pages we'd missed on a previous read. This holiday season, I wish for you a happy reunion with an old favorite.



**December Giveaway** details coming soon. Stay turned!

No comments:

Post a Comment