Saturday, November 15, 2008

EIGHT WORDS AND A PIE BROUGHT TO YOU BY HAYS ISD LIBRARIANS


If you have perused this website, you know about the writing exercise that my retreat pals and I do at every retreat--Five Words and a Pie. Great things have happened because of this exercise. The most exciting for me resulted in the first words of my book, Part of Me. If you would like to read the details about how that happened visit the example on my writing tips page.



This week I visited eight schools in Hays ISD. So I thought it would be fun to let the librarians give you the
words. Want to play? Here are the simple rules. Select five words from the eight offered. Then write for ten minutes using those words. That's it.
Except that you might want to eat pie after the exercise. It may not be the strawberry peach that I ate at Texas Pie Company in Kyle, but any good pie will do.


Thank you, Karen Kessel(thank), Staci Perkins(hoping), Marilyn Bridges(afghan), Betty Copeland(Mustangs),Ann Harris(slither), Carrie Bartsch(winding), Jeanne Ditta(Library),Dianne Mueller(run). I had a terrific week!

No comments:

Post a Comment