Tuesday, January 8, 2008

SIX THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN





Six things you might not have known about my writing process of Skinny Brown Dog:

1. The story broke a bad case of writer's block.

2. The original title was That's Not My Dog. Then I learned there was another children's book by that title.

3. Miss Patterson is named for my grandmother's next-door neighbor who taught her to cook. (She did a very good job.)

4. When I first learned that Donald had made the characters animals, I decided to give the children names. It would have seemed odd to call an animal "a little boy."

5. When my editor told me the dog didn't have much personality in an early draft, I didn't have to look far for inspiration. Our dog, Bronte has plenty of personality.

6. I learned how to spell raspberry when I wrote this book.



JANUARY GIVEAWAY: Details tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment