Friday, February 15, 2008

MAGIC AND CHILDHOOD



I first viewed this short film in elementary school. I don't remember ever wondering how the balloon followed and waited for the boy throughout his romp around Paris. At nine or ten, I accepted the magic. Two days ago, I watched it on my flight to Louisiana. Although I enjoyed revisiting, for the entire movie I wondered how the filmmaker acheived the balloon antics. How did he accomplish so much in 1956?

Why couldn't I just delight in the charm of this simple story? Why did I feel the need to peer through the illusion?


If you haven't seen The Red Balloon, I urge you to sit pack and enjoy the magic. For a tiny preview of what you have in store, follow the link below:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic8XzBJzsEE

No comments:

Post a Comment